Have you ever tried to carry on a conversation while blow drying your hair? It’s almost impossible, due to the high pitched scream coming from the blower. It may seem like you need to ignore everyone around you until your hair is perfectly styled, but this is not the case. All you need to do is find yourself the quietest hair dryer available. Like all hair dryers, they come with a variety of features to choose from to meet your styling needs. And their low volume means you’ll never have to shun your family in favor of your hair again.
Short On Time? Here Is The Bullet List:
- Quiet Budget Hair Dryer: Remington D3190A Purple Damage Protection Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer
- Quiet Travel Hair Dryer: JINRI JR-101 Professional 1000W Mini Hair Dryer
- Quiet Ionic Hair Dryer: Kipozi 1875W Nono Ionic Blow Dryer
- Most Powerful Quiet Hair Dryer: Xtava 2200 Watt Hair Dryer
- Quiet Professional Hair Dryer: MHD Professional 1875W Full-Size Hair Dryer
- Quiet Wall Mounted Hair Dryer: Andis 30135 Wall Mounted Hang Up 1600W Hair Dryer
- Overall Best Quiet Hair Dryer: Infiniti Pro by Conair 1875 Watt Purple Hair Dryer
**Below are our more detailed reviews. Click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Related Buyers Guides:
Different Heat Technologies
When it comes to heating technologies for a blow dryer, there are a few different types to choose from. Sometimes these heat options are even combined with added benefits.
Ionic hair dryers emit negative ions that break down the positive ions in the water. This creates smaller water droplets that evaporate much quicker. This shortens your drying time significantly. Ionic heating reduces the risk of heat damage, leaving your hair soft and silky.
This type of blow dryer uses a ceramic-coated heating element. This coating allows the dryer to distribute the heat evenly over your hair. This is a safer method than some other types of hair dryers since it reduces the risk of overheating your hair. The less damage caused by your dryer, the softer and more manageable your hair will be.
Tourmaline hair dryers emit negative ions and generate infrared heat. Together, these features speed up your drying time, by breaking down the water drops on your hair. These smaller drops then evaporate at a much faster rate, shortening your drying time. This will leave your hair glossy, smooth, and strong.
What to Look for in a Quiet Hair Dryer
When you’re searching for a quiet hair dryer, the amount of noise it makes is only one feature look at. Power levels, heating technology, and accessories should also come into account. This will ensure you’re purchasing a quality dryer that will meet all your needs.
Wattage refers to the amount of power the hair dryer motor has. This creates a higher amount of airflow, which will help to dry your hair in less time. When looking for wattage in a quiet hair dryer, you should find one between 1400 and 1875 watts. This is a safe range since it won’t overheat your hair while drying. There are quiet hair dryers that have a higher wattage, but be sure to check what hair type they are rated for. This will ensure your hair stays healthy and safe.
Most hair dryers come with at least 2 heat settings. This allows you to control the amount of heat you’re using to dry your hair. The high heat setting is best for thicker hair since this hair type will hold more moisture and take longer to dry. The low heat setting is better for finer hair since it will dry much faster. There are some hair dryer models that come with a cool shot setting as well, which seals the hair cuticles. This is best used before your hair is completely dry, to lock in your style without over-drying it.
Dual Air Flow
Dual air flow refers to the speed settings. Most hair dryers come with a couple of options. The higher speed is for drying your hair, while the lower speed is perfect for styling. Be sure that your hair isn’t completely dry before switching to the low speed. This will ensure that you don’t over-dry it, causing damage and ruining your style.
This is the safest heat option for hair dryers since it removes the moisture on your hair without drying it out. It also helps to remove static and frizz, leaving your hair soft, smooth, and manageable.
Ceramic heating is also a great choice because it provides even heating. This protects your hair from damage while you dry it, while still adding shine and reducing the frizz.
There are two types of diffusers to choose from. The first has short fingers and us designed to spread out curly hair. This speeds up drying time while reducing the frizz. The second type has longer fingers, adding volume to all hair types. It does this by forcing the heat right onto your roots, lifting your hair while it dries.
This piece is the opposite of a diffuser, narrowing the air flow. It allows you to concentrate the heat in one place for spot drying. It is also useful for controlled styling because it focused the heat exactly where you want it.
Having a retractable cord is not necessary, but it makes it easier to keep your work area nice and tidy. A longer cord is also handy, so you don’t have to hover right beside your outlet while drying your hair.
More Related Buyers Guides:
Decibels? How Many are Safe?
When it comes to decibel levels, the lower the better. This is because higher levels can actually damage your hearing over time.
Decibel Levels and Exposure Rates
When we talk about decibel levels, 70 is usually the base of comparison. You can be exposed to the lower levels for longer terms without suffering any damage to your hearing. For instance, you emit 10 decibels while breathing. Regular conversations in a quiet room measure at about 40 decibels. A normal air conditioner will produce about 60 decibels. A vacuum cleaner is annoying, but not harmful, and meets the 70-decibel level. Once above this range, prolonged exposure can lead to hearing damage. This includes the noise of a blender (80), a motorcycle (90), and a power lawn mower (100). Within 8 hours, you could suffer from hearing damage. At 110, you’ll experience some pain, and at 150 decibels, your eardrums will rupture.
How Many Decibels for a Hair Dryer?
Normal hair dryers are rated between 50 and 60 decibels, which is a bit loud for some. The quieter models are much safer to use since they usually only produce between 10 to 30 decibels. These are a better option because even prolonged use won’t cause hearing damage.
Quietest Hair Dryers on the Market
Quiet Budget Hair Dryer: Remington D3190A Purple Damage Protection Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer
This Remington hair dryer combines ceramic, ionic, and tourmaline heat technologies. Together, these give your hair the protection it needs and reduces the static and frizz. There are also micro-conditioners infused into the grill. These are deposited on your hair while you dry it, preventing any heat damage and making your hair shine. The 1875-watt motor gives you even airflow that speeds up your drying time, no matter how thick your hair is. Every hair type will love this dryer, thanks to its 2 speed and 3 heat settings, as well as the cool shot feature. This quiet hair dryer comes with a diffuser and a concentrator. For easy cleaning, it also has a removable filter.
- Cheaply priced at less than $20.00
- Separate controls for heat and speed makes it easy to customize your setting
- Despite the powerful motor, it is still relatively quiet
- Has a loop for hanging the dryer on the wall
- The high heat setting doesn’t get very hot, which could result in longer drying times for thicker hair
- The location of the controls is nearer to the top of the handle. This could result in accidental button pressing while drying your hair.
Quiet Travel Hair Dryer: JINRI JR-101 Professional 1000W Mini Hair Dryer
This quiet JINRI pro ionic ceramic hair dryer is whisper quiet, thanks to its tiny DC 1000-watt motor. Despite its size, this lightweight dryer still gives you rapid drying and silky hair. It has 2 heat settings and 2 speeds to meet all your styling needs. Included with the hair dryer is a concentrator nozzle for precision styling. This dryer also has a 6 ft power cord with a 360-degree swivel, making it easy to move it around without tangling. At only 8 inches long and 5 inches wide, this lightweight blow dryer will take up almost no space in your luggage. When your trip ends, use the hanging loop for easy storage until your next adventure.
- It has a low price of under $20, making it a great option for those on a budget
- Very light and compact
- It is very sturdy, despite its small size
- It doesn’t include a converter, so if traveling outside the US or Canada, you’ll need to purchase one
- Though the motor is powerful, it may still take longer than desired to dry thicker hair
- Concentrator doesn’t fit tight enough
Quiet Ionic Hair Dryer: Kipozi 1875W Nano Ionic Blow Dryer
- It includes a diffuser and a concentrator
- It has 3 heat and 2 speed settings, plus a cool shot button
- The hair dryer is lightweight, so no sore shoulders and arms when using it
- The motor is quite powerful but still runs quiet
- Air filter is removable for easy cleaning
- It’s a bit expensive at over $40.00
- The high heat setting isn’t very hot
Most Powerful Quiet Hair Dryer: Xtava 2200 Watt Hair Dryer
Even though it has a 2200-watt motor, this Xtava dryer is one of the quietest hair dryers available. It uses ionic heating to speed up drying time by 80%, even for thicker hair. The added benefit of tourmaline technology keeps the hair safe from overheating. Together, they leave you with smooth and shiny hair. This kit includes a Black Orchid diffuser and a concentrator. The first attachment is for added volume, while the second gives you control while you style. The 360-degree swivel cord makes it easy to move the hair dryer around without it twisting into a knot. Best of all, this little machine has a lightweight frame and is easy to use.
- 3 heat settings and 2 speeds plus a cool shot button allow you to customize your styling process
- Speedy drying saves you time
- Attachments fit securely, so they won’t blow off while in use
- A bit pricey at over $40.00
- If there are issues with the dryer or parts, Xtava’s customer service is honest and easy to deal with
- Though the frame weighs only 1 lb, some may find this hair dryer to be a bit heavy
Quiet Professional Hair Dryer: MHD Professional 1875W Full-Size Hair Dryer
The 1875-watt AC motor of the MHD Pro machine dries your hair quickly and evenly. But despite the high power this machine boasts, it is still quieter than other hair dryers half its size. There is also little vibration while running this hairdryer, so comfort is not an issue. This professional blow dryer uses a combination of far-infrared and ionic heating. Along with speedy drying times, this combo reduces frizz and static. This leaves you with smooth, healthy hair that is damage-free. With 2 speeds, 3 settings, and a cool button, you can customize your drying to suit your hair type. The 9-foot cord gives you room to move, and when you’re done, the pro hook keeps your space tidy.
- Included with the hair dryer are a diffuser and a concentrator
- Decently priced at under $40.00
- The filter is removable for easy cleaning
- It’s a bit heavy, especially if using it for long periods of time
- The buttons placement is a bit awkward, resulting in accidental pressing while drying
- There is a bright red light from the infrared heating, which could be a bit distracting for some users
Quiet Wall Mounted Hair Dryer: Andis 30135 Wall Mounted Hang Up 1600W Hair Dryer
This Andis compact hair dryer stays out of the way when not in use, thanks to its handy wall mount. It has a long-life 1600W motor that runs quiet, so there is no risk of waking the little ones after bedtime. With 2 heat settings and 2 speeds, you’ll have the exact air flow and heat needed for drying and styling. To save fussing with buttons, this dryer even has an auto shutoff when placed back in the wall mount. Andis believes in this compact dryer so much that they even have a 5-year limited return policy on it.
- This tiny hair dryer will fit into even the smallest bathroom
- It is very easy to use, with only 1 button for both heat and speed settings
- It has a very long cord, making it easier to move around while drying
- This dryer is compact enough to travel with if needed
- Decently priced at about $30.00, so is a good option for those on a budget
- Though lightweight, it is sturdy enough to last for years
- There is no low setting for styling
- There is no cool setting
Overall Best Quiet Hair Dryer: Infiniti Pro by Conair 1875 Watt Purple Hair Dryer
Conair’s Infiniti Pro gives you salon results in the comfort of your own home. It’s ergonomic, well-balanced design fits comfortably in your hand. The 1875-watt AC motor is powerful, but remains quiet, no matter the setting. Tourmaline, ceramic and ionic technology protect your hair for smooth results. Along with 2 speeds and 3 heat settings, this styling tool also has a cool shot button for locking in your curls. There is also a removable filter to keep lint buildup from damaging your motor. Included with the hair dryer are a concentrator and a diffuser to meet all your styling needs.
- It dries your hair very quickly, regardless of the length
- If there are issues with your hair dryer, Conair’s customer service is pleasant and easy to deal with
- This model is good for home or professional use
- It comes in a stylish purple color
- It has a long cord and a convenient hanging loop
- This has a decent price of about $38.00
- Though described as lightweight, it could be a bit heavy for some users
- The low speed is a bit too powerful for proper styling
Quietest Hair Dryer Final Thoughts
Deafening hair dryers are a thing of the past, now that the quiet models have the same power and styling ability. The Infiniti Pro by Conair meets all these needs. It offers top performance with a whisper quiet motor. This handy hair dryer allows you to hear those important pings from your smartphone. Or the little ones calling from the other room. Either way, your hearing will remain intact with one of the quietest hair dryers in your hand.
Thank you for visiting Bloomgorgeous.com! If you like what you see in this article, please click on one of our Buy Now buttons to make your purchase on Amazon. As an Amazon affiliate, we make a small commission off any purchase made from a click through from this website, which is how we can provide you with these informative articles. You will not pay more on Amazon by clicking through our website because the price is the same as if you go to Amazon directly. Please take a look at our other buyer’s guides for all your beauty and wellness needs.